14 country-made pistols seized in police raids
Barwani (MP): 14 country-made pistols were today seized during raids at different places in Umarti village near here, police said.
Besides the fourteen country-made-pistols, a large
number of firearm parts, and equipment used in manufacturing
them were seized during the raids at 14 places in Umarti
village, Superintendent of Police R S Meena said.
He said that one Kailash had been arrested. Policemen
from five police stations were roped into conduct the raids,
"We are searching for other persons from whose places,
country made pistols, parts of arms and manufacturing
equipments have been seized," police said.
The raids were conducted following a tip off that
country-made arms were being manufactured and sold by some
persons in Umarti village to different states, including
Maharashtra, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre