14 country-made pistols seized in police raids
Barwani (MP): 14 country-made pistols were today seized during raids at different places in Umarti village near here, police said.
Besides the fourteen country-made-pistols, a large
number of firearm parts, and equipment used in manufacturing
them were seized during the raids at 14 places in Umarti
village, Superintendent of Police R S Meena said.
He said that one Kailash had been arrested. Policemen
from five police stations were roped into conduct the raids,
"We are searching for other persons from whose places,
country made pistols, parts of arms and manufacturing
equipments have been seized," police said.
The raids were conducted following a tip off that
country-made arms were being manufactured and sold by some
persons in Umarti village to different states, including
Maharashtra, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town