167 prisoners in MP to walk free on Republic Day
Bhopal: About 167 prisoners lodged in various Madhya Pradesh jails would be freed on the occasion of Republic Day.
Fourteen more prisoners who have not been convicted for life would be granted 15 days to two months remission, an official release said.
Out of the total 167 prisoners who would be freed on January 26, about 31 would be from Gwalior, 26 from Bhopal and 20 from Indore jails, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter