17th district in MP gets uninterrupted power suppl
Rajgarh: Rajgarh has become the 17th district in Madhya Pradesh to get 24x7 power supply under the "Atal Jyoti Abhiyan."
"This is a historic day for Rajgarh as it has become the 17th district which will get electricity 24 hours from today," Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said on the occasion.
Under the ambitious "Atal Jyoti Abhiyan," like other districts in the state, urban and rural areas of the district will start getting round-the-clock power supply.
The BJP government under Chouhan envisages supplying uninterrupted electricity to 50 districts in the state as part of this drive.
"Development will be fast-paced in villages through `Atal Jyoti Abhiyan` with a boost to irrigation and students facing no hassles with the availability of electricity," Chouhan added.
The Chief Minister said that with the availability of electricity, small cottage industries will come up in villages generating employment opportunities.
Chouhan appealed to young entrepreneurs to come forward and set up such industries under "Mukhya Mantri Yuva Swarojgar Yojna."
He also announced on the occasion waiving off power bills surcharge for farmers and BPL consumers.
- Qatar National Bank says its systems were "fully secure" following cyber attack
- Army busts weapon making factory in Manipur, 2 militants arrested
- Kerala polls: Time ripe for BJP to open account in the state, says Rajiv Pratap Rudy
- TMC will be wiped out after poll results: Congress
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kings XI Punjab's Axar Patel claims first hat-trick of ninth edition