17th district in MP gets uninterrupted power suppl
Rajgarh: Rajgarh has become the 17th district in Madhya Pradesh to get 24x7 power supply under the "Atal Jyoti Abhiyan."
"This is a historic day for Rajgarh as it has become the 17th district which will get electricity 24 hours from today," Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said on the occasion.
Under the ambitious "Atal Jyoti Abhiyan," like other districts in the state, urban and rural areas of the district will start getting round-the-clock power supply.
The BJP government under Chouhan envisages supplying uninterrupted electricity to 50 districts in the state as part of this drive.
"Development will be fast-paced in villages through `Atal Jyoti Abhiyan` with a boost to irrigation and students facing no hassles with the availability of electricity," Chouhan added.
The Chief Minister said that with the availability of electricity, small cottage industries will come up in villages generating employment opportunities.
Chouhan appealed to young entrepreneurs to come forward and set up such industries under "Mukhya Mantri Yuva Swarojgar Yojna."
He also announced on the occasion waiving off power bills surcharge for farmers and BPL consumers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Gujarat Assembly committee raps GSPC for 'over confidence'
- Head constable arrested for taking bribe
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked