18 dead in Ujjain cracker unit fire, MP home minister takes note
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: After 18 labourers lost their lives in a recent fire in a cracker factory at Badnagar in Ujjain district, Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Babulal Gaur on Monday said that all cracker units will be inspected and directed officials to ensure safety measures at these units.
After inspecting the cracker unit in Badnagar which caught fire, Gaur directed officials to ensure that they have proper fire-fighting equipment, sand and water to deal with any
emergency situation, official sources said.
The minister said that after receiving the probe report of the incident, appropriate action would be take to prevent recurrence of such incidents.
After visiting the factory, Gaur also met victims of the fire incident.
Victims` kin demanded Rs 5 lakh to Rs 10 lakh compensation instead of Rs 1.5 lakh each for deceased and Rs 50,000 each for the injured and also immediate shifting of these units
outside the city for the safety and welfare of the people, sources said.
The fire in the cracker unit claimed 18 lives including that of 11 women, three men, three girls and one boy, sources said.
A case has been registered against the owner of the cracker manufacturing unit Yusuf Hussain and his supervisor, Shabbeer Hussain, sources said.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Prakash Javadekar rewrites history! Watch video to know what he said about Netaji, Nehru and Patel
- Amit Shah inaugurates BJP state core group workshop
- Ind-Ra upticks GDP forecast to 7.8%; growth on but not speedy
- Statue of Chandra Shekhar Azad vandalised in Haryana
- Fed up with heavy school bags, two students hold press meet to narrate woes - READ