18 dead in Ujjain cracker unit fire, MP home minister takes note
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: After 18 labourers lost their lives in a recent fire in a cracker factory at Badnagar in Ujjain district, Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Babulal Gaur on Monday said that all cracker units will be inspected and directed officials to ensure safety measures at these units.
After inspecting the cracker unit in Badnagar which caught fire, Gaur directed officials to ensure that they have proper fire-fighting equipment, sand and water to deal with any
emergency situation, official sources said.
The minister said that after receiving the probe report of the incident, appropriate action would be take to prevent recurrence of such incidents.
After visiting the factory, Gaur also met victims of the fire incident.
Victims` kin demanded Rs 5 lakh to Rs 10 lakh compensation instead of Rs 1.5 lakh each for deceased and Rs 50,000 each for the injured and also immediate shifting of these units
outside the city for the safety and welfare of the people, sources said.
The fire in the cracker unit claimed 18 lives including that of 11 women, three men, three girls and one boy, sources said.
A case has been registered against the owner of the cracker manufacturing unit Yusuf Hussain and his supervisor, Shabbeer Hussain, sources said.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees