1.8 kg hair removed from girl`s stomach in Indore
Indore: A team of doctors on Tuesday removed about 1.8 kg hair from the stomach of a 19-year-old girl after an open surgery at the government hospital in Indore.
Dr Parvinder Singh Lubana of Maharaja Yeshwantrao Hospital in Indore, led a team of gastro-surgeons in conducting the operation.
Lubana claimed that it was a rare case in which such a heavy chunk of hair wrapped around a chalk or stone kind of matter was stuck in between the stomach and duodenum (part of the small intestine).
However, the ball of hair was removed successfully, he added.
The girl, from Rajgarh in Madhya Pradesh, apparently had the habit of eating her hair and chalk in the class room, and developed intestine obstruction leading to no intake of food and water for the last couple of days, said Dr Amit Agarwal, one of the surgeons in the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj