1.8 kg hair removed from girl`s stomach in Indore
Indore: A team of doctors on Tuesday removed about 1.8 kg hair from the stomach of a 19-year-old girl after an open surgery at the government hospital in Indore.
Dr Parvinder Singh Lubana of Maharaja Yeshwantrao Hospital in Indore, led a team of gastro-surgeons in conducting the operation.
Lubana claimed that it was a rare case in which such a heavy chunk of hair wrapped around a chalk or stone kind of matter was stuck in between the stomach and duodenum (part of the small intestine).
However, the ball of hair was removed successfully, he added.
The girl, from Rajgarh in Madhya Pradesh, apparently had the habit of eating her hair and chalk in the class room, and developed intestine obstruction leading to no intake of food and water for the last couple of days, said Dr Amit Agarwal, one of the surgeons in the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video