1.8 kg hair removed from girl`s stomach in Indore
Indore: A team of doctors on Tuesday removed about 1.8 kg hair from the stomach of a 19-year-old girl after an open surgery at the government hospital in Indore.
Dr Parvinder Singh Lubana of Maharaja Yeshwantrao Hospital in Indore, led a team of gastro-surgeons in conducting the operation.
Lubana claimed that it was a rare case in which such a heavy chunk of hair wrapped around a chalk or stone kind of matter was stuck in between the stomach and duodenum (part of the small intestine).
However, the ball of hair was removed successfully, he added.
The girl, from Rajgarh in Madhya Pradesh, apparently had the habit of eating her hair and chalk in the class room, and developed intestine obstruction leading to no intake of food and water for the last couple of days, said Dr Amit Agarwal, one of the surgeons in the team.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?