1.9 per cent voters use NOTA option in MP polls
Bhopal: Over six lakh voters, accounting for 1.9 per cent of the total votes polled, preferred None Of The Above (NOTA) option instead favouring any candidate in the just concluded Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections.
A total of 6,43,144 voters exercised NOTA option, including 2,633 on postal ballots, sources in the state chief electoral office said.
The state, having an electorate of 4,66,31,759, polled 3,38,49,550 votes.
The NOTA option was preferred by maximum number of voters, 39,235, in Chhindwara district, while minimum 3,378 opted to press this button in Bhind.
The NOTA option was introduced for the first time on EVMs and postal ballots during the just concluded elections.
Constituency wise, maximum voters (9,412) in Junnardeo seat in Chhindwara opted for NOTA, while a minimum 245 used NOTA at Mehgaon seat in Bhind district.
The statistics of voters in other constituencies who used NOTA option are - Pansemal (Barwani district) 9288, Amarwada (Chhindwara) 8232, Bhainsdehi (Betul) 7929, Barwani (Barwani) 7430, Shahpura (Dindori) 7214, Manpur (Umaria) 6262, Ghodadongri (Betul) 5926, Jobat (Alirajpur) 5689 and Aamla (Betul) 5465.
A lesser number of voters preferred NOTA in - Mehgaon (Bhind district) 245, Khurai (Sagar) 384, Tyonthar (Rewa) 435, Sirmour (Rewa) 467, Ater (Bhind) 499, Semaria (Rewa) 546, Nagoud (Satna) 548, Lahar (Bhind) 578, Devtalab (Rewa) 625 and Chitrakoot (Satna) 634.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks