2014 elections not do-or-die situation: Rahul to Congress workers
Rajkot: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Friday reportedly told the party workers from Saurashtra region that 2014 elections were not a "do or die" situation.
"We should overcome our weaknesses and highlight our strengths among the people," Jamnagar Congress MP Vikram Madam quoted Rahul as saying.
Rahul, who is on two-day visit to Gujarat, is meeting Congress workers from Saurashtra and North Gujarat here today. Media persons were not allowed to be present at the meeting.
According to Madam, Rahul told the workers that "we should not worry about 2014 elections - it is not a do or die situation and after the 2014 general election there would be no doubt about the party`s existence, as Congress is a permanent political party".
Speaking in Ahmedabad yesterday, Rahul had said that Congress was going to win the 2014 elections.
As per Madam, the Congress vice president asked the workers to work hard to strengthen the party in Gujarat and said, "We should not keep 2014 elections in mind, but serve the people. Highlight UPA government`s initiatives like RTI (Right to Information) and RTF (Right to Food).
"We should not be power-oriented and the party is able to serve the people even without being in power," Rahul was quoted to have said.
Meanwhile, state Congress chief Arjun Modhvadiya said that Rahul Gandhi`s Gujarat visit boosted the morale of Congress leaders and workers.
Modhvadiya said that Rahul told the partymen that Congress was capable of wining elections in Gujarat, but it needed to be strong in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!