2014 elections not do-or-die situation: Rahul to Congress workers
Rajkot: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Friday reportedly told the party workers from Saurashtra region that 2014 elections were not a "do or die" situation.
"We should overcome our weaknesses and highlight our strengths among the people," Jamnagar Congress MP Vikram Madam quoted Rahul as saying.
Rahul, who is on two-day visit to Gujarat, is meeting Congress workers from Saurashtra and North Gujarat here today. Media persons were not allowed to be present at the meeting.
According to Madam, Rahul told the workers that "we should not worry about 2014 elections - it is not a do or die situation and after the 2014 general election there would be no doubt about the party`s existence, as Congress is a permanent political party".
Speaking in Ahmedabad yesterday, Rahul had said that Congress was going to win the 2014 elections.
As per Madam, the Congress vice president asked the workers to work hard to strengthen the party in Gujarat and said, "We should not keep 2014 elections in mind, but serve the people. Highlight UPA government`s initiatives like RTI (Right to Information) and RTF (Right to Food).
"We should not be power-oriented and the party is able to serve the people even without being in power," Rahul was quoted to have said.
Meanwhile, state Congress chief Arjun Modhvadiya said that Rahul Gandhi`s Gujarat visit boosted the morale of Congress leaders and workers.
Modhvadiya said that Rahul told the partymen that Congress was capable of wining elections in Gujarat, but it needed to be strong in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?