3 cops line attached for beating up `thief` at police station
Ujjain (MP): Three policemen, including a sub-inspector, were line-attached Thursday for allegedly thrashing a petty thief at a local police station.
Police Sub-Inspector Sunil Shejwar and constables Mahesh Bais and Atmaram Parmar, attached to Madhav Nagar police station, were line-attached (removed from field duty) by SP Rakesh Gupta for beating up one of two alleged thieves--Suresh Pal (30) and Jassu alias Dashrath--held for stealing LPG cylinders.
The trio will also have to face departmental inquiry.
The incident took place at Madhav Nagar police station yesterday during investigation of the duo by the three cops.
As per the footage of thrashing aired by some local news channels, one of the alleged thieves was hung upside down and beaten up mercilessly.
Meanwhile, police said that Pal and Dashrath have "confessed" to their crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Cancer-causing chemicals found in bread samples, says CSE; Health Ministry orders probe
- Help your child grow with Ziro, a dexterous robotics kit for kids!
- Baltimore police officer acquitted in Freddie Gray death
- Bombs kill nearly 150 in Syrian government-held cities
- India, Iran, Afghanistan ink 'historic' Chabahar port agreement; PM Modi calls it 'corridor of peace, prosperity'