3 cops line attached for beating up `thief` at police station
Ujjain (MP): Three policemen, including a sub-inspector, were line-attached Thursday for allegedly thrashing a petty thief at a local police station.
Police Sub-Inspector Sunil Shejwar and constables Mahesh Bais and Atmaram Parmar, attached to Madhav Nagar police station, were line-attached (removed from field duty) by SP Rakesh Gupta for beating up one of two alleged thieves--Suresh Pal (30) and Jassu alias Dashrath--held for stealing LPG cylinders.
The trio will also have to face departmental inquiry.
The incident took place at Madhav Nagar police station yesterday during investigation of the duo by the three cops.
As per the footage of thrashing aired by some local news channels, one of the alleged thieves was hung upside down and beaten up mercilessly.
Meanwhile, police said that Pal and Dashrath have "confessed" to their crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'