3 cops line attached for beating up `thief` at police station
Ujjain (MP): Three policemen, including a sub-inspector, were line-attached Thursday for allegedly thrashing a petty thief at a local police station.
Police Sub-Inspector Sunil Shejwar and constables Mahesh Bais and Atmaram Parmar, attached to Madhav Nagar police station, were line-attached (removed from field duty) by SP Rakesh Gupta for beating up one of two alleged thieves--Suresh Pal (30) and Jassu alias Dashrath--held for stealing LPG cylinders.
The trio will also have to face departmental inquiry.
The incident took place at Madhav Nagar police station yesterday during investigation of the duo by the three cops.
As per the footage of thrashing aired by some local news channels, one of the alleged thieves was hung upside down and beaten up mercilessly.
Meanwhile, police said that Pal and Dashrath have "confessed" to their crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video