3 cops line attached for beating up `thief` at police station
Ujjain (MP): Three policemen, including a sub-inspector, were line-attached Thursday for allegedly thrashing a petty thief at a local police station.
Police Sub-Inspector Sunil Shejwar and constables Mahesh Bais and Atmaram Parmar, attached to Madhav Nagar police station, were line-attached (removed from field duty) by SP Rakesh Gupta for beating up one of two alleged thieves--Suresh Pal (30) and Jassu alias Dashrath--held for stealing LPG cylinders.
The trio will also have to face departmental inquiry.
The incident took place at Madhav Nagar police station yesterday during investigation of the duo by the three cops.
As per the footage of thrashing aired by some local news channels, one of the alleged thieves was hung upside down and beaten up mercilessly.
Meanwhile, police said that Pal and Dashrath have "confessed" to their crime.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis