30 percent increase in rape cases in Bhopal
Bhopal: There has been a 30 percent rise in rape cases in Bhopal this year while the number of murders have increased by 24 percent, state police records show.
The records reveal that 138 women were raped till December 15 this year while the figure was 106 last year.
The city also recorded the highest number of murders since last 10 years -- 88 murders. The figure was 71 last year and has not crossed 75 in the last decade.
There was also an increase in attempt of murder cases as 105 have been reported over last year`s 73.
There`s a silver lining in the form of decline in number of robberies and abductions. "We caught major gangs and solved many cases," Senior Superintendent of Police Yogesh Choudhary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof