30 percent increase in rape cases in Bhopal
Bhopal: There has been a 30 percent rise in rape cases in Bhopal this year while the number of murders have increased by 24 percent, state police records show.
The records reveal that 138 women were raped till December 15 this year while the figure was 106 last year.
The city also recorded the highest number of murders since last 10 years -- 88 murders. The figure was 71 last year and has not crossed 75 in the last decade.
There was also an increase in attempt of murder cases as 105 have been reported over last year`s 73.
There`s a silver lining in the form of decline in number of robberies and abductions. "We caught major gangs and solved many cases," Senior Superintendent of Police Yogesh Choudhary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Parent firm Finmeccanica yet to be formally blacklisted, says report
- PCB clears Younis Khan after accepting his apology
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh Board CGBSE 10th X Class High School (HS) Exam Results 2016
- #CongressPlanningRiots is trending on Twitter. Here's why
- UMANG: This pan-India app will give you access to all government services