30 percent increase in rape cases in Bhopal
Bhopal: There has been a 30 percent rise in rape cases in Bhopal this year while the number of murders have increased by 24 percent, state police records show.
The records reveal that 138 women were raped till December 15 this year while the figure was 106 last year.
The city also recorded the highest number of murders since last 10 years -- 88 murders. The figure was 71 last year and has not crossed 75 in the last decade.
There was also an increase in attempt of murder cases as 105 have been reported over last year`s 73.
There`s a silver lining in the form of decline in number of robberies and abductions. "We caught major gangs and solved many cases," Senior Superintendent of Police Yogesh Choudhary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year