30,000 tribal girls in MP have gone missing in 4 months: Congress
Bhopal: Opposition Congress on Thursday alleged that around 30,000 girls have gone missing in Madhya Pradesh in last four months alone and expressed apprehension they might have become victims of human trafficking.
In a statement issued today, the state unit Congress president Kantilal Bhuria said that trafficking was gaining roots in tribal districts of the state as law and order situation has worsened under the ruling BJP government.
"However, instead of being serious about such instances, the administration and the police tend to dismiss them as simple incidents," he said.
Bhuria alleged that inability of the state government to gauge the situation has emboldened traffickers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray