30,000 tribal girls in MP have gone missing in 4 months: Congress
Bhopal: Opposition Congress on Thursday alleged that around 30,000 girls have gone missing in Madhya Pradesh in last four months alone and expressed apprehension they might have become victims of human trafficking.
In a statement issued today, the state unit Congress president Kantilal Bhuria said that trafficking was gaining roots in tribal districts of the state as law and order situation has worsened under the ruling BJP government.
"However, instead of being serious about such instances, the administration and the police tend to dismiss them as simple incidents," he said.
Bhuria alleged that inability of the state government to gauge the situation has emboldened traffickers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'