346 BSF soldiers graduate from training centre in Indore
Indore: A batch of 346 constables today graduated from the Subsidiary Training Centre in Border Security Force (BSF) here.
After undergoing 34 weeks of rigorous training in handling weapons, physical fitness, map reading, field engineering, field craft, internal security, disaster management and law, the recruits are now ready to serve at the borders, its DIG and Commandant (CSWT) Rakesh Sharma said.
Earlier, a passing out parade of the constables was held at the Central School of Weapons and Tactics (CSWT) grounds here.
BSF is known to be the world`s largest force of border guards and its jawans were always ready to meet any eventuality be it on the international border or tackling civil matters like terrorism, naxalism and law and order disturbances anywhere in the country, the DIG said.
On the occasion, Sharma called upon the jawans to show their skill, courage and discipline while protecting the country`s borders.
He also felicitated five constables for their incredible performance during the basic training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read