40 passengers stranded as SpiceJet cancels flight to Jabalpur
Mumbai: Over 40 passengers of SpiceJet`s flight to Jabalpur from here were stranded on Tuesday at the airport after it was cancelled for "technical reasons".
The passengers, who had already boarded the flight (SG-2452) which was to take off at 1615 hrs from, were asked to vacate the plane after nearly two-and-a-half hours, a passenger said.
"My flight for Jabalpur was scheduled to take off at 1615 hours. We were issued boarding passes and also sat in the aircraft. After remaining inside the plane for nearly two-and- a-half hours, we were told the flight has been cancelled due to technical reasons and it can take off only on Wednesday morning," Anurag Shrivastava, a stranded passenger, told PTI over phone from the airport.
When contacted, a spokesperson of the no-frills airline declined to comment.
Shrivastava alleged the airline staff was "indifferent" to passengers and did not offer any help other than asking them to either take the refund or come back next morning.
"They did not offer any help like providing accommodation to the passengers as some of them were not from Mumbai, citing policy matter," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive