40 passengers stranded as SpiceJet cancels flight to Jabalpur
Mumbai: Over 40 passengers of SpiceJet`s flight to Jabalpur from here were stranded on Tuesday at the airport after it was cancelled for "technical reasons".
The passengers, who had already boarded the flight (SG-2452) which was to take off at 1615 hrs from, were asked to vacate the plane after nearly two-and-a-half hours, a passenger said.
"My flight for Jabalpur was scheduled to take off at 1615 hours. We were issued boarding passes and also sat in the aircraft. After remaining inside the plane for nearly two-and- a-half hours, we were told the flight has been cancelled due to technical reasons and it can take off only on Wednesday morning," Anurag Shrivastava, a stranded passenger, told PTI over phone from the airport.
When contacted, a spokesperson of the no-frills airline declined to comment.
Shrivastava alleged the airline staff was "indifferent" to passengers and did not offer any help other than asking them to either take the refund or come back next morning.
"They did not offer any help like providing accommodation to the passengers as some of them were not from Mumbai, citing policy matter," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren