4,864 farmers committed suicide in MP
Bhopal: A total of 4,864 farmers committed suicide in Madhya Pradesh in the last four years, Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta said Thursday.
In a reply to legislator Ramniwas Rawat, the minister said of the 7,594 people who committed suicide in the state last year, 853 were farmers. The total included 1,107 labourers.
In 2008, 1,379 farmers committed suicide. The number rose to 1,395 in 2009 and slipped to 1,237 in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!