5 Naxals injured in encounter with security forces
Rajnandgaon (Chhattisgarh): Five Maoists are believed to have been injured in a fierce encounter which broke out on Sunday between Naxals and security forces in Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district.
Acting on a tip off, a joint team of STF, ITBP and police conducted a major operation in the ravines near Bukmarka village under Gadhchirauli area close to Maharashtra border, DIG H K Rathod told reporters.
Resorting to guerrilla warfare tactics, a group of around 50-60 Naxals attacked the police party near Bukmarka village, he said.
The police official added, "The cross-firing lasted for over an hour, and the strong response from security forces compelled the Naxals to escape."
Though the causalities in the encounter are yet to be confirmed, the police officials have maintained that four to five Naxals suffered critical wounds in the cross-firing.
Security forces recovered two rifles, wireless set, detonator, blasting cable, equipment required to manufacture tiffin bombs, naxal outfits, four tents, utensils, ration and Naxal literature from the site of encounter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split