50 Youth Congress workers detained for anti-Chouhan demo plan
Seoni: Around 50 Youth Congress workers were detained when they were preparing to stage a demonstration against Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on his arrival here on Saturday, police said.
According to the police, the Chief Minister was coming here launch "Atal Jyoti Abhiyan", a State Government scheme aimed at providing round-the-clock power supply to non- agriculture consumers in the district.
In the meantime, the police got information that a group of Youth Congress workers were preparing to show black flags to Chouhan after assembling at Chindwada Chowk Road.
The police swiftly reached the spot and took into custody nearly 50 Youth Congress workers. They were later taken to Bandol Police Station, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter