50 Youth Congress workers detained for anti-Chouhan demo plan
Seoni: Around 50 Youth Congress workers were detained when they were preparing to stage a demonstration against Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on his arrival here on Saturday, police said.
According to the police, the Chief Minister was coming here launch "Atal Jyoti Abhiyan", a State Government scheme aimed at providing round-the-clock power supply to non- agriculture consumers in the district.
In the meantime, the police got information that a group of Youth Congress workers were preparing to show black flags to Chouhan after assembling at Chindwada Chowk Road.
The police swiftly reached the spot and took into custody nearly 50 Youth Congress workers. They were later taken to Bandol Police Station, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- 'Walking Up With Kolkata' – This video will make you fall in love with the City of Joy
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS