7 school children, 2 youths abducted in MP rescued
Chhatarpur: Nine persons, including seven school children, who were kidnapped at gun-point three days ago from a village here, have been rescued safely by police from the Amarpura forest area.
"All the nine persons abducted from Erora village on Thursday have been rescued safely from Amarpura forest area after a brief exchange of fire with their kidnappers yesterday," police said on Sunday.
Soon after their abduction on February 7, a police team conducted combing operations in the forest. Yesterday, when the abductors saw the police team moving near, they opened fire at them, police said.
Police retaliated following which the abductors fled from the spot leaving all the kidnapped persons there, they said.
All nine persons were brought out of the forest and later in the day reunited with their families, they said.
The entire area has been cordoned off to apprehend the abductors, police said.
After abduction, families of some kidnapped persons had received ransom calls from their kidnappers who also threatened to kill the children if the demand was not met, they said.
After release, the children told the police that they were made to walk about 30-40 kms in the forest by the kidnappers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'