8-year-old boy dies after falling into borewell in MP
Shajapur (MP): An eight-year-old boy died after he fell into a 100-feet deep borewell at Kadula village, about 50 km away from here, police said on Monday.
"The boy, identified as Krishnapal, was playing along with his friend in an open field yesterday when he accidentally fell into the deserted borewell and got trapped," Shajapur SP Avinash Sharma told reporters.
The rescue operation was launched after villagers alerted authorities about the mishap, which included supplying oxygen to the child.
Rescuers dug a parallel pit to the depth where Krishanpal was stuck and later connected it with the borewell to reach the child, the SP said.
Krishanpal was taken out in an unconscious state around 4 AM and rushed to the hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'