8-year-old boy dies after falling into borewell in MP
Shajapur (MP): An eight-year-old boy died after he fell into a 100-feet deep borewell at Kadula village, about 50 km away from here, police said on Monday.
"The boy, identified as Krishnapal, was playing along with his friend in an open field yesterday when he accidentally fell into the deserted borewell and got trapped," Shajapur SP Avinash Sharma told reporters.
The rescue operation was launched after villagers alerted authorities about the mishap, which included supplying oxygen to the child.
Rescuers dug a parallel pit to the depth where Krishanpal was stuck and later connected it with the borewell to reach the child, the SP said.
Krishanpal was taken out in an unconscious state around 4 AM and rushed to the hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!