80 pc voting in MP by-poll
Bhopal: A high turnout of around 80 per cent was recorded in Tuesday`s bye-election to Maheshwar Assembly constituency in Khargone district of Madhya Pradesh.
Rajkumar Mev of BJP and Devendra Sadho of Congress are prominent contenders for the seat.
The bye-election was necessitated after Vijaylaxmi Sadho, who defeated her nearest BJP rival Rajkumar Mev by over 650 votes during the 2008 Assembly polls, resigned after her election to the Rajya Sabha.
The counting of votes will be held on June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress