80 pc voting in MP by-poll
Bhopal: A high turnout of around 80 per cent was recorded in Tuesday`s bye-election to Maheshwar Assembly constituency in Khargone district of Madhya Pradesh.
Rajkumar Mev of BJP and Devendra Sadho of Congress are prominent contenders for the seat.
The bye-election was necessitated after Vijaylaxmi Sadho, who defeated her nearest BJP rival Rajkumar Mev by over 650 votes during the 2008 Assembly polls, resigned after her election to the Rajya Sabha.
The counting of votes will be held on June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region