80 pc voting in MP by-poll
Bhopal: A high turnout of around 80 per cent was recorded in Tuesday`s bye-election to Maheshwar Assembly constituency in Khargone district of Madhya Pradesh.
Rajkumar Mev of BJP and Devendra Sadho of Congress are prominent contenders for the seat.
The bye-election was necessitated after Vijaylaxmi Sadho, who defeated her nearest BJP rival Rajkumar Mev by over 650 votes during the 2008 Assembly polls, resigned after her election to the Rajya Sabha.
The counting of votes will be held on June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news