80 pc voting in MP by-poll
Bhopal: A high turnout of around 80 per cent was recorded in Tuesday`s bye-election to Maheshwar Assembly constituency in Khargone district of Madhya Pradesh.
Rajkumar Mev of BJP and Devendra Sadho of Congress are prominent contenders for the seat.
The bye-election was necessitated after Vijaylaxmi Sadho, who defeated her nearest BJP rival Rajkumar Mev by over 650 votes during the 2008 Assembly polls, resigned after her election to the Rajya Sabha.
The counting of votes will be held on June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH