94 villages shifted from national park areas in MP
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Government has shifted 94 villages so far from areas of National Parks and sanctuaries in the state.
The state has ten notified national parks and 25 sanctuaries including Kanha, Pench, Bandhavgarh, Satpura, Panna and Sanjay Tiger Reserve, an official release said here today.
People living in protected areas have to face a lot of problems like loss of human and cattle life as well as crops due to wild animals. Sale and purchase of land is prohibited in these areas under the provisions of the Wildlife Conservation Act, whereas the Supreme Court has prohibited collection of small forest produce and firewood, cutting of trees and construction of house over there.
Madhya Pradesh Forest Minister Sartaj Singh said there were only total 821 villages at the time of issuance of notification.
Following resettlement of these village, 192 out of remaining 730 villages will be preserved as "enclaves" while 426 villages will be shifted after re-fixation of boundaries of protected areas, the Forest Minister said.
Thus, only 112 remaining villages situated in protected areas will be actually re-settled, Singh said.
A writ has been filed in the Supreme Court appealing it to allow re-fixation of boundaries and shift villages situated on the periphery and preserve villages situated in extremely interior of protected areas as "enclaves" where man-animal co-existence is possible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das