A day after chaos, Speaker hopes MLAs will follow
Lucknow: A day after BSP MLAs created ruckus during Governor B L Joshi`s address to the joint sitting of UP legislature, Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey hoped that the members would maintain decorum and follow the rules in future.
Pramod Tewari of Congress through a question of propriety drew the attention of the Assembly to the unruly behaviour of some members of the House during the governor`s address yesterday.
"The governor is a constitutional authority and throwing paper balls at him is a matter of shame," he said, adding that the behaviour of some people has cast a shadow on the entire House.
Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey hoped that the members would behave as per the rules in future.
Chaos marked the inaugural session of Uttar Pradesh Assembly yesterday when slogan-shouting MLAs from main opposition BSP--some of them climbing atop tables-- disrupted Joshi`s address.
Wearing blue colour caps and carrying anti-government placards and banners, the BSP members rushed to the well of the House as soon as Joshi began his address to mark the start of the Budget session. The BSP MLAs were led by leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya.
Some BSP members jumped on to the reporters` table and also threw paper balls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir