A day after chaos, Speaker hopes MLAs will follow
Lucknow: A day after BSP MLAs created ruckus during Governor B L Joshi`s address to the joint sitting of UP legislature, Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey hoped that the members would maintain decorum and follow the rules in future.
Pramod Tewari of Congress through a question of propriety drew the attention of the Assembly to the unruly behaviour of some members of the House during the governor`s address yesterday.
"The governor is a constitutional authority and throwing paper balls at him is a matter of shame," he said, adding that the behaviour of some people has cast a shadow on the entire House.
Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey hoped that the members would behave as per the rules in future.
Chaos marked the inaugural session of Uttar Pradesh Assembly yesterday when slogan-shouting MLAs from main opposition BSP--some of them climbing atop tables-- disrupted Joshi`s address.
Wearing blue colour caps and carrying anti-government placards and banners, the BSP members rushed to the well of the House as soon as Joshi began his address to mark the start of the Budget session. The BSP MLAs were led by leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya.
Some BSP members jumped on to the reporters` table and also threw paper balls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Juergen Klopp disappointed as Liverpool haunted by familiar failings
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets
- India pivotal power, can tilt Asia the way it wants: MJ Akbar
- Jat association AIJASS warns of fresh agitation
- Indian cargo ship heading for Yemen sinks off Oman: Reports