Aamir Khan launches India`s first One Stop Crisis Centre in Bhopal
Bhopal: Bollywood actor Aamir Khanlaunched India`s first One Stop Crisis Centre, which aims at protection for women on Monday in Bhopal.
During the press conference, the 49-year-old actor said, "I`m extremely happy to be here today, and the reason is the launch of our country`s very first One Stop Crisis Centre, which is an important first step towards protection for women."
Khan, who had raised women protection issues through his show `Satyamev Jayate` on television, added, "Thought it`s a beginning to a long term solution, it is essential for people to know that they will be punished for the crime, and they will be caught, and the centre will assure that."
Speaking on the recent remarks by Indian politicians regarding rape, the actor said, "It`s sad that such comments come from the administration. I think people only make such statements when they don`t have enough knowledge about the crime."
"We hope and expect that the leaders we have chosen will take the right steps to ensure our safety."
One Stop Crisis Centre, which is a collaboration of many organizations, will be opened in every district of Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam