AAP considering to contest MP Assembly polls next year
Bhopal: Social activist-turned politician Arvind Kejriwal`s newly formed Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is considering to field its candidates in the next year`s Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh.
The matter to contest the Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections scheduled to be held in November 2013 was discussed at a meeting in New Delhi recently," AAP state committee member Sharad Singh Kumbre said here on Wednesday.
"The AAP has already formed its state committee and all 45 district-level committees in Madhya Pradesh, Kumbre said.
The state committee has eight members and they have been given different works for strengthening the party.
In the coming days, we will make party`s block-level committees and set a target of enrolling 8-9 members at the grassroot level in every village of the state, he said.
The main issues that the AAP will raise for the elections include corruption, development, crime against women, apart from law and order situation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened