AAP declares MP state executive
Bhopal: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Wednesday declared a nine-member state executive body for Madhya Pradesh here.
AAP national convener Arvind Kejriwal declared the names at a press conference after a day-long meeting with party workers.
The state executive comprises Sharad Singh Kumre, Prahlad Pandey, Indravikarm Jeet, Kamal Shrivastava, Abhay Varma, Akshay Hunka, Mamata Pathak, Shailendra Kushwaha and Shabnam Khan.
Later, the newly-formed executive elected Abhay Varma as AAP`s State Convener and Akshay Hunka as State Secretary.
Kamal Shrivastava and Prahlad Pande were nominated as Spokespersons, Kejriwal said.
He also said that AAP will expose cases of corruption, which are plenty in Madhya Pradesh, soon.
So far 33 district units of AAP had been formed in Madhya Pradesh, he said.
When asked whether AAP will contest Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, due later this year, he said the party will take decision after talking with the workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa