AAP declares MP state executive
Bhopal: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Wednesday declared a nine-member state executive body for Madhya Pradesh here.
AAP national convener Arvind Kejriwal declared the names at a press conference after a day-long meeting with party workers.
The state executive comprises Sharad Singh Kumre, Prahlad Pandey, Indravikarm Jeet, Kamal Shrivastava, Abhay Varma, Akshay Hunka, Mamata Pathak, Shailendra Kushwaha and Shabnam Khan.
Later, the newly-formed executive elected Abhay Varma as AAP`s State Convener and Akshay Hunka as State Secretary.
Kamal Shrivastava and Prahlad Pande were nominated as Spokespersons, Kejriwal said.
He also said that AAP will expose cases of corruption, which are plenty in Madhya Pradesh, soon.
So far 33 district units of AAP had been formed in Madhya Pradesh, he said.
When asked whether AAP will contest Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, due later this year, he said the party will take decision after talking with the workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'