AAP`s Guna candidate faces gang-rape charge
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: In an embarrassment to the Aam Admi Party, a 30-year-old woman on Wednesday claimed that the party`s candidate for Guna seat, Shailendra Singh Kushwaha, and three other AAP office-bearers in Gwalior gang-raped her.
The woman, who hails from Gwalior, filed the complaint at Kampoo police station last afternoon.
The complainant has alleged that Kuswaha, along with three other AAP office-bearers in Gwalior - district convener Himanshu Kulshrestha, district secretary Abhijit Wagh and district spokesperson Manuraj Saxena – gang-raped her at least three times between December 2012-March 2013. The trio reportedly threatened her with dire consequences if she took the case to police.
She further claimed that she tried to report the incident to AAP leaders in Delhi but approached the police when no action was taken against the men.
Meanwhile, Kuswaha, while exclusively talking to Zee Media, denied his involvement in the incident and claimed innocence. Rubbishing the charges as baseless, Kuswaha alleged that the complaint aimed at tarnishing his image ahead of Lok Sabha election.
In the meantime, a few AAP activists staged a dharna outside the police station, alleging that the charges were nothing but politically-motivated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown