Abducted teenage girl found after one and a half year
Bundi: A teenage girl, allegedly abducted from Garampura Basti in the Lekhari police station area of the district about one and a half years ago, has been found in a remote village of Madhaya Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
The girl was recovered from Umeriya village of Mandsore in Madhya Pradesh on Thursday and produced in the Rajasthan High Court yesterday from where she was sent to a Gandhi Nagar Narishala (woman shelter) in Jaipur, DSP Ranu Sharma said.
Accused Ramswroop Tali managed to flee the village before the police reached there, he added.
Tali of Madhya Pradesh allegedly abducted the girl from Garampura Basti on the night of December 31, 2011, following which her parents lodged a case in the Lekhari police station on January 1, 2012, DSP said.
About eight months ago, the parents of the girl had filed Habeas Corpus in Rajasthan High Court, following which the court had ordered Bundi police to speed up the action to recover the girl and produce her in the court.
The girl was traced after analysing the phone call details of one of the friends of the accused, said DSP Sharma.
The case got complicated as the parents of the girl did not cooperate with the police because they have a case registered against them for allegedly abetting the suicide of Ramswroop Tali`s brother Bablu Tali in the Garoth police station of Mandsore, DSP said.
Bablu Tali committed suicide on August 18, last year and his family had blamed the girl`s parents for inciting him to take the extreme step, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress