Abduction and murder case accused remanded to police custody
Pune: A 19-year-old hotel management student Parminder, who has been accused of abducting and murdering a five-year-old boy to make easy money, was remanded to police custody until October 1 by a magistrate here Tuesday .
In a shocking incident, police yesterday arrested the accused Parminder Singh for allegedly strangulating to death Shubh, the son of a scientist couple working with the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) here on Sunday night.
A 15-year-old boy who allegedly worked as Parminder accomplice has also been detained.
The abduction plot was allegedly hatched by Parminder to extract ransom from Shubh`s parents to buy a motorbike. Shubh, however, managed to escape from a hillock where he had been kept, prompting Parminder to chase and murder him.
The plot came to light when the victim`s mother failed to trace the boy who was last seen playing at a Ganesh pandal in the vicinity of his house at the Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE) quarters, after which a complaint was filed with the police.
When the police questioned the 15-year-old accomplice of the accused staying in the same locality, he divulged the role of Parminder, who was then arrested and interrogated.
Police said Parminder allegedly used a handkerchief to strangulate the boy after he tried to run away and later threw him down the hillock behind the ARDE colony.
The minor accomplice of the accused was produced before a juvenile court, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city