Absconding MP MLA seeks special treatment in jail on surrender
Bhopal: A local court on Friday directed the BJP
MLA from Bijawar, Asha Rani, who was absconding in an abetment
to suicide case for over a year, to appear before it tomorrow,
after she moved an application seeking that she be provided
special treatment in jail on surrender.
The Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) Ashish Dwande
hearing the application also directed that the case diary
relating to BJP MLA from the Kolar police station should be
produced in his court tomorrow.
Rani came to the court this afternoon and moved the
In her application, the BJP MLA stated that she should
not be kept in the jail among the inmates given that she did
not have any criminal record, except the abetment to suicide
case, in which she had been `falsely implicated`.
Rani said that she should be provided medical facilities
as she was suffering from many diseases and furnished papers
regarding her ailments.
In January 2010, Rani was chargesheeted under sections
including 306 of IPC in connection with the suicide committed
by her domestic help, Tiji Bai, in May 2007. Her husband,
former MLA Ashok Veer Vikram Singh, is also an accused in the
Tiji Bai had set herself ablaze at Rani`s house in
Yoshodhar Parisar, Kolar Road in Bhopal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city