ABVP demand direct students` union elections
Bhopal: Unhappy with the Madhya Pradesh
BJP government, the saffron party`s student wing - ABVP will
gherao the State Assembly on March 26 to press for direct
students` union elections in colleges and slashing of high
fees in private institutions across the state.
"Though the Madhya Pradesh High Court has directed the
state government to hold the students` union elections in
accordance with J M Lyngdoh`s report, the government has not
yet responded to it," Akhil Bharatiya Vidhyarthi Parishad
state secretary Bharti Kumbhare told reporters here.
"After March 26, we are going to drum-up support
against growing commercialisation of education in Madhya
Pradesh, and stage a massive protest in September here," she
Kumbhare said the ABVP at the two-day working
committee meeting of the Parishad`s in Madhya Pradesh`s
Barwani district on March 13 and 14 passed a resolution
condemning the high fee structure in private colleges.
This resolution demanded that the state government
should take drastic steps to stop commercialisation of
education, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!