Accused in IPS officer`s murder sent in CBI remand
Morena: A local court on Tuesday remanded
Manoj Gurjar, an accused in the murder of young IPS officer
Narendra Kumar Singh, to three-day CBI custody.
The 30-year-old officer was killed for taking on
illegal mining mafia in Madhya Pradesh early this month.
CBI, probing the case, in its remand plea filed before
Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) here, sought three days
custody of Gurjar to enable it to trace the officer`s mobile
phone, unravel the conspiracy behind the murder and take him
to the spot where Singh was killed.
After obtaining the custody, CBI officials took the
accused to the spot near here where the officer was killed,
and recreated the scene of the incident.
Singh was mowed down on March 8 when he tried to stop
a tractor-trolley carrying illegally mined stones at Banmore
town where he was posted as Sub-Divisional Officer of Police
(SDOP). Gurjar, a suspected member of the mining mafia, was
allegedly driving the tractor.
The probe was handed over to CBI by the MP Government
on an appeal of the slain officer`s IAS wife Madhurani, who is
posted in Gwalior.
The Opposition Congress had also demanded a CBI probe
and organised Madhya Pradesh bandh on March 13 to protest the
Gurjar was arrested a day after the incident. He was
initially in the custody of state police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi