Accused in IPS officer`s murder sent in CBI remand
Morena: A local court on Tuesday remanded
Manoj Gurjar, an accused in the murder of young IPS officer
Narendra Kumar Singh, to three-day CBI custody.
The 30-year-old officer was killed for taking on
illegal mining mafia in Madhya Pradesh early this month.
CBI, probing the case, in its remand plea filed before
Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) here, sought three days
custody of Gurjar to enable it to trace the officer`s mobile
phone, unravel the conspiracy behind the murder and take him
to the spot where Singh was killed.
After obtaining the custody, CBI officials took the
accused to the spot near here where the officer was killed,
and recreated the scene of the incident.
Singh was mowed down on March 8 when he tried to stop
a tractor-trolley carrying illegally mined stones at Banmore
town where he was posted as Sub-Divisional Officer of Police
(SDOP). Gurjar, a suspected member of the mining mafia, was
allegedly driving the tractor.
The probe was handed over to CBI by the MP Government
on an appeal of the slain officer`s IAS wife Madhurani, who is
posted in Gwalior.
The Opposition Congress had also demanded a CBI probe
and organised Madhya Pradesh bandh on March 13 to protest the
Gurjar was arrested a day after the incident. He was
initially in the custody of state police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?
- NASA's Viking mission data to unfold Mars' mystery
- Kolkata: Boy found killed after party at Amit Chaudhuri's house, author denies knowing him
- 1 killed, dozen hurt in building collapse after cylinder blast
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' officially wraps production