Accused of sexual harassment, Madhya Pradesh HC judge says `hang me if I am guilty`
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A sitting judge of Madhya Pradesh High Court, who has been accused of sexual harassment, pleaded innocence on Monday and said that he is willing to be hanged if found guilty.
As per media reports, the said judge has approached the Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court and claimed that charges being levelled against him are false.
Meanwhile, a PIL seeking judicial enquiry against the judge has also been filed. The plea demands that the judge should be suspended till the probe is completed.
Also, a group of female lawyers have moved a resolution in the Supreme Court Bar Association seeking enquiry into the matter.
Also Read: MP addl judge quits after sexual harassment by HC judge, CJI steps in
The controversy started after an Additional District and Sessions Judge in Gwalior resigned citing alleged sexual harassed by a sitting judge in MP High Court.
The woman stated that the judge wanted her to perform an “item song” at his residence which she avoided, as per a newspaper report.
When she refused to yield to his advances, the judge transferred her to a remote place in the state after failing to find fault in her work.
She claimed that after the Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court declined to meet her, she was left with no option but to resign.
The Chief Justice of India RM Lodha said that he is yet to receive a complaint in the matter and that action will be taken against the judge after getting a report from the Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video