Accused of sexual harassment, Madhya Pradesh HC judge says `hang me if I am guilty`
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A sitting judge of Madhya Pradesh High Court, who has been accused of sexual harassment, pleaded innocence on Monday and said that he is willing to be hanged if found guilty.
As per media reports, the said judge has approached the Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court and claimed that charges being levelled against him are false.
Meanwhile, a PIL seeking judicial enquiry against the judge has also been filed. The plea demands that the judge should be suspended till the probe is completed.
Also, a group of female lawyers have moved a resolution in the Supreme Court Bar Association seeking enquiry into the matter.
Also Read: MP addl judge quits after sexual harassment by HC judge, CJI steps in
The controversy started after an Additional District and Sessions Judge in Gwalior resigned citing alleged sexual harassed by a sitting judge in MP High Court.
The woman stated that the judge wanted her to perform an “item song” at his residence which she avoided, as per a newspaper report.
When she refused to yield to his advances, the judge transferred her to a remote place in the state after failing to find fault in her work.
She claimed that after the Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court declined to meet her, she was left with no option but to resign.
The Chief Justice of India RM Lodha said that he is yet to receive a complaint in the matter and that action will be taken against the judge after getting a report from the Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday