Acid attacker gets death sentence in Madhya Pradesh
Morena: In a significant judgement, a youth has been sentenced to death by a local court for throwing acid on a woman following which she died.
Additional Sessions Judge at Ambah in the district K C Gupta Thursday awarded capital punishment to Jogendra Tomar (28), who had thrown acid on the face of Ruby Rawat (24) last year at her house in Porsa town of Morena, after she rejected his demand to live with him.
Ruby had later succumbed to her injuries.
The judge observed that the crime committed by Jogendra was heinous and that merely awarding him life imprisonment would not have been enough.
"It is because of this that I have decided to give him the death sentence," he further observed.
Enraged over Ruby`s refusal to live with him, Jogendra, who is married, went to her house in Porsa on July 21 last year and threw acid on her face while she was sleeping.
He also threw acid on some family members who tried to rescue Ruby. They had also sustained injuries in the attack.
Tomar was later arrested following a complaint filed against him by the deceased`s father, Dataram.
Police had registered a case under IPC sections 307 (attempt to murder), 326 (a) (causing permanent or partial damage or deformity to, or causes grievous hurt by throwing acid on or by administering acid to that person) and 450 (house-trespass in order to commit offence).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister