Acid attacker gets death sentence in Madhya Pradesh
Morena: In a significant judgement, a youth has been sentenced to death by a local court for throwing acid on a woman following which she died.
Additional Sessions Judge at Ambah in the district K C Gupta Thursday awarded capital punishment to Jogendra Tomar (28), who had thrown acid on the face of Ruby Rawat (24) last year at her house in Porsa town of Morena, after she rejected his demand to live with him.
Ruby had later succumbed to her injuries.
The judge observed that the crime committed by Jogendra was heinous and that merely awarding him life imprisonment would not have been enough.
"It is because of this that I have decided to give him the death sentence," he further observed.
Enraged over Ruby`s refusal to live with him, Jogendra, who is married, went to her house in Porsa on July 21 last year and threw acid on her face while she was sleeping.
He also threw acid on some family members who tried to rescue Ruby. They had also sustained injuries in the attack.
Tomar was later arrested following a complaint filed against him by the deceased`s father, Dataram.
Police had registered a case under IPC sections 307 (attempt to murder), 326 (a) (causing permanent or partial damage or deformity to, or causes grievous hurt by throwing acid on or by administering acid to that person) and 450 (house-trespass in order to commit offence).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic