`Action against those hampering wheat procurement`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has instructed that persons committing irregularities in wheat procurement be arrested immediately and strict action should be taken against them.
Farmers should not face any difficulty at procurement centres and there should be no under or overweighing, Chouhan said.
Facility of procurement of wheat by giving bonus has been provided to farmers of Madhya Pradesh only and a strict vigil should be maintained in the border areas to prevent entry of wheat in the state from outside, the CM said.
Chouhan was reviewing activities of the cooperative department here last evening where it was informed that cooperative societies have stored 2.11 lakh metric tonnes of fertiliser.
Of this, 100,013 tonnes of fertiliser has been lifted in advance by farmers. Full exemption in interest has been given to farmers lifting fertilisers by the end of the current month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- OMG! Hilarious bomb scare prank – Must Watch
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!