`Action against those hampering wheat procurement`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has instructed that persons committing irregularities in wheat procurement be arrested immediately and strict action should be taken against them.
Farmers should not face any difficulty at procurement centres and there should be no under or overweighing, Chouhan said.
Facility of procurement of wheat by giving bonus has been provided to farmers of Madhya Pradesh only and a strict vigil should be maintained in the border areas to prevent entry of wheat in the state from outside, the CM said.
Chouhan was reviewing activities of the cooperative department here last evening where it was informed that cooperative societies have stored 2.11 lakh metric tonnes of fertiliser.
Of this, 100,013 tonnes of fertiliser has been lifted in advance by farmers. Full exemption in interest has been given to farmers lifting fertilisers by the end of the current month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP