Advocate held for raping minor girl in MP
Ujjain: An advocate has been arrested along with his wife on charges of raping and holding a teenager girl hostage for 13 days at their residence here, police said on Thursday.
The 17-year-old who had gone missing since December 12 had gone to advocate Balkrishna Nagar`s residence in Sampat Nagar here that day to get her caste certificate made.
Soon after the girl entered his office, the advocate downed the shutters and sexually assaulted her after which his wife Angrooabla helped her husband to tie the victim to a bed.
According to police, the advocate raped the girl for 13 days but yesterday when the residents heard the girl scream, cops reached the spot and freed the victim.
The advocate and his wife have been arrested and a case has been lodged against them under various sections of the IPC and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
Meanwhile, the victim has been sent for medical examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!