Advocate held for raping minor girl in MP
Ujjain: An advocate has been arrested along with his wife on charges of raping and holding a teenager girl hostage for 13 days at their residence here, police said on Thursday.
The 17-year-old who had gone missing since December 12 had gone to advocate Balkrishna Nagar`s residence in Sampat Nagar here that day to get her caste certificate made.
Soon after the girl entered his office, the advocate downed the shutters and sexually assaulted her after which his wife Angrooabla helped her husband to tie the victim to a bed.
According to police, the advocate raped the girl for 13 days but yesterday when the residents heard the girl scream, cops reached the spot and freed the victim.
The advocate and his wife have been arrested and a case has been lodged against them under various sections of the IPC and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
Meanwhile, the victim has been sent for medical examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason