Afzal Guru`s body should be handed over to family: JD(U) chief
Bhopal: Janata Dal(U) president Sharad Yadav on Tuesday said it would be appropriate for the government to hand over the body of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, who was hanged till death on February 9, to his family.
"It is my personal opinion that Guru`s body should be handed over to his family as it is their legal right," Yadav told media persons here.
Alleging that the government did not handle the issue with the sensitivity involved in such a matter, he said when 26/11 Mumbai attack convict Ajmal Kasab`s family was informed about his hanging in advance, then why was Guru`s family not told about it on time?
The NDA convener also took a dig at the government for sending the information about Guru`s hanging to his family members through speed post that reached them after his execution.
In such matters it is the right of the family to know about the execution in advance, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured