Afzal Guru`s body should be handed over to family: JD(U) chief
Bhopal: Janata Dal(U) president Sharad Yadav on Tuesday said it would be appropriate for the government to hand over the body of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, who was hanged till death on February 9, to his family.
"It is my personal opinion that Guru`s body should be handed over to his family as it is their legal right," Yadav told media persons here.
Alleging that the government did not handle the issue with the sensitivity involved in such a matter, he said when 26/11 Mumbai attack convict Ajmal Kasab`s family was informed about his hanging in advance, then why was Guru`s family not told about it on time?
The NDA convener also took a dig at the government for sending the information about Guru`s hanging to his family members through speed post that reached them after his execution.
In such matters it is the right of the family to know about the execution in advance, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook