Afzal Guru`s body should be handed over to family: JD(U) chief
Bhopal: Janata Dal(U) president Sharad Yadav on Tuesday said it would be appropriate for the government to hand over the body of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, who was hanged till death on February 9, to his family.
"It is my personal opinion that Guru`s body should be handed over to his family as it is their legal right," Yadav told media persons here.
Alleging that the government did not handle the issue with the sensitivity involved in such a matter, he said when 26/11 Mumbai attack convict Ajmal Kasab`s family was informed about his hanging in advance, then why was Guru`s family not told about it on time?
The NDA convener also took a dig at the government for sending the information about Guru`s hanging to his family members through speed post that reached them after his execution.
In such matters it is the right of the family to know about the execution in advance, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?