Afzal Guru`s body should be handed over to family: JD(U) chief
Bhopal: Janata Dal(U) president Sharad Yadav on Tuesday said it would be appropriate for the government to hand over the body of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, who was hanged till death on February 9, to his family.
"It is my personal opinion that Guru`s body should be handed over to his family as it is their legal right," Yadav told media persons here.
Alleging that the government did not handle the issue with the sensitivity involved in such a matter, he said when 26/11 Mumbai attack convict Ajmal Kasab`s family was informed about his hanging in advance, then why was Guru`s family not told about it on time?
The NDA convener also took a dig at the government for sending the information about Guru`s hanging to his family members through speed post that reached them after his execution.
In such matters it is the right of the family to know about the execution in advance, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India