AIIMS Bhopal to start functioning by July-August
Bhopal: The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here is expected to start functioning in the next three months providing state-of-the-art medical facilities to the people of Madhya Pradesh.
"Established under the ambitious Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojna, the premier medical institute modelled like AIIMS New Delhi will start functioning from July-August this year if everything goes as per the plan," AIIMS Bhopal, Director, Professor Sandeep Kumar said today.
"We are striving hard to meet the deadline of July- August to start the prestigious institute in Bhopal with an intake of 50 students," he said.
Appointment of 40 faculty members is in its last stage and now the Government of India`s concerned department will have to issue their appointment orders.
Construction of staff quarters for the newly appointed members of the AIIMS Bhopal are already completed while construction of medical college building too is almost 70 per cent completed.
AIIMS Bhopal is being established on a 154 acre land situated in the Saket Nagar area.
"We are working overnight to achieve the targets," he said adding "most of the time I am in New Delhi to push things for faster implementation."
Initially five departments -- Anatomy, Physiology,
Biochemistry, Community and Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine and Trauma -- will be started at the medical college.
The full-fledged hospital with nearly 1000 beds will start functioning in next three years construction for which work is going on full swing while the Medical College will be completed by next year.
He also informed that facilities like boys and girls hostel, nurse hostel, library and College of Nursing among others is in its final stages.
Admission test for the first year MBBS course will be held along with AIIMS Delhi and six other institutes on June one.
Besides Bhopal, AIIMS-like institutes are also being set up at Bhubaneshwar (Orissa), Jodhpur (Rajasthan), Patna (Bihar), Raipur (Chhattisgarh) and Rishikesh (Uttarakhand) with the aim of correcting regional imbalances in quality tertiary level healthcare in the country, and attaining self sufficiency in graduate and postgraduate medical education.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'