Ajay dares MP CM for debate on Congress` charges against govt
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh has dared the state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for a debate on the charges levelled against his government by Congress.
"If the charges levelled against the Chouhan government were a bundle of lies as alleged by the ruling BJP, then why did the Chief Minister run from a discussion on the no confidence motion in the state Assembly earlier this year," Singh said in a statement issued here yesterday.
On November 10, Singh had released a "chargesheet" against the BJP government, which claimed that during the last five years of BJP rule, there were scams to the tune of Rs 1,46,000 crore.
The Chief Minister had made several announcements, but most of them remained only on paper, it alleged.
"The annual report of the Lokayukta has also not been tabled in Madhya Pradesh assembly since 2008," Singh said adding, "If the reports were tabled, the BJP would not appear as clean as it wants to look."
He said Chouhan may have got a clean chit from the court in the dumper scam but still there are many unanswered questions relating to it.
There were allegations against Chouhan that he had misused his official position to rent out dumper trucks to an industrial house as a quid pro quo for allotting a mining lease.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre