Ajay Singh demands President Rule in MP
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh today demanded imposition of President rule in the state in view of the deteriorating law and order situation.
"We feel that the situation in Madhya Pradesh has become so bad that it warrants imposition of President rule," Leader of Opposition told reporters here.
Answering questions, Ajay said that leaders from the Congress would meet the state governor and central leaders to place their demand before them.
He said that a number of things were going wrong in Madhya Pradesh at present including increase in rape cases, gunning down of officers wanting to prevent illegal mining and zero security or safety for women.
About Congress Vice-president Rahul Gandhi`s two-day visit that ended last evening, Ajay said it had helped to galvanise party workers in the state.
He said that more such meets have to be held in future to ensure that the morale of party workers does not slacken.
Also, Ajay claimed that this year`s assembly elections would not be fought under the Chief Minister-ship of Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
"Any person including Kailash Vijaywargiya, Babulal Gaur, Narendra Singh Tomar and Prabhat Jha can become the Chief Minister but Chouhan will not be there at the time of elections," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened