Ajay Singh demands President Rule in MP
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh today demanded imposition of President rule in the state in view of the deteriorating law and order situation.
"We feel that the situation in Madhya Pradesh has become so bad that it warrants imposition of President rule," Leader of Opposition told reporters here.
Answering questions, Ajay said that leaders from the Congress would meet the state governor and central leaders to place their demand before them.
He said that a number of things were going wrong in Madhya Pradesh at present including increase in rape cases, gunning down of officers wanting to prevent illegal mining and zero security or safety for women.
About Congress Vice-president Rahul Gandhi`s two-day visit that ended last evening, Ajay said it had helped to galvanise party workers in the state.
He said that more such meets have to be held in future to ensure that the morale of party workers does not slacken.
Also, Ajay claimed that this year`s assembly elections would not be fought under the Chief Minister-ship of Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
"Any person including Kailash Vijaywargiya, Babulal Gaur, Narendra Singh Tomar and Prabhat Jha can become the Chief Minister but Chouhan will not be there at the time of elections," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj