Ajay Singh files defamation suit against Prabhat Jha
Chhattarpur: The Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Sunday said that he had filed a Rs 10-crore defamation suit against the state BJP chief Prabhat Jha "for levelling false charges" against him.
Addressing a public meeting after reaching here during the first phase of his Jana Chetna Yatra, Singh said that Prabhat had falsely alleged that he had grabbed land belonging to tribals in his native Sidhi district.
Ajay said he had lodged an FIR at Shyamla police station in Bhopal a day before launching the yatra and filed a defamation suit in the court.
He said that his yatra would pass through all the 230 assembly constituencies of the state and traverse a distance of around 10,000 km.
He alleged that the BJP government was neck-deep in corruption, even as farmers were facing a crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win