Ajay Singh files defamation suit against Prabhat Jha
Chhattarpur: The Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Sunday said that he had filed a Rs 10-crore defamation suit against the state BJP chief Prabhat Jha "for levelling false charges" against him.
Addressing a public meeting after reaching here during the first phase of his Jana Chetna Yatra, Singh said that Prabhat had falsely alleged that he had grabbed land belonging to tribals in his native Sidhi district.
Ajay said he had lodged an FIR at Shyamla police station in Bhopal a day before launching the yatra and filed a defamation suit in the court.
He said that his yatra would pass through all the 230 assembly constituencies of the state and traverse a distance of around 10,000 km.
He alleged that the BJP government was neck-deep in corruption, even as farmers were facing a crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Here's what Aishwarya Rai has to say about 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' co-actor Ranbir Kapoor!
- China's finance minister sees Brexit heightening uncertainty for markets
- China tornado, hailstorm toll rises to 99, at least 840 injured
- David Headley liked Osama's theory on women!
- Modi's stern warning to tax evaders: Comply by Sept 30 or get ready to face harsh measures