Ajay Singh is Congress leader in MP assembly
New Delhi: The Congress party Wednesday appointed Ajay Singh, son of late union minister Arjun Singh, as leader of its legislature party in Madhya Pradesh.
A statement issued by the Congress said party president Sonia Gandhi "has approved the candidature of Ajay Singh as leader of the Madhya Pradesh Congress legislature party". He is the legislator from Churhat.
The appointment came days after the party appointed Tribal Affairs Minister Kanti Lal Bhuria the state party chief, replacing former central minister Suresh Pachauri.
The post of CLP leader had fallen vacant after the demise of Jamuna Devi in September last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Is your Indian passport among those to be declared invalid from November 25, 2015?