Ajay Singh made Leader of Opposition in MP
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly Speaker Ishwar Das Rohani today formally declared Ajay Singh as the new Leader of the Opposition in the House.
Soon after it assembled on the first day of the monsoon session, the Speaker mentioned the letter received from the Congress regarding Ajay`s appointment as the leader of the Opposition.
The post was lying vacant since September last year following the demise of Jamuna Devi.
On the occasion, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan congratulated Ajay and said democracy could not be dreamt of without an Opposition.
Chouhan described Ajay as an experienced and mature leader, who would raise issues relating to the people in the House in a powerful way.
In a reply, Ajay said he would try to carry out the responsibility given to him by his party to the best of his abilities.
He also said he would leave no stone unturned to raise issues relating to the backward classes, scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and the poor in the House.
The role of the ruling party and the Opposition was complementary in a democracy and by highlighting the drawbacks in the functioning of the government he would try to inspire it to work for the people, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!