Ajay Singh made Leader of Opposition in MP
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly Speaker Ishwar Das Rohani today formally declared Ajay Singh as the new Leader of the Opposition in the House.
Soon after it assembled on the first day of the monsoon session, the Speaker mentioned the letter received from the Congress regarding Ajay`s appointment as the leader of the Opposition.
The post was lying vacant since September last year following the demise of Jamuna Devi.
On the occasion, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan congratulated Ajay and said democracy could not be dreamt of without an Opposition.
Chouhan described Ajay as an experienced and mature leader, who would raise issues relating to the people in the House in a powerful way.
In a reply, Ajay said he would try to carry out the responsibility given to him by his party to the best of his abilities.
He also said he would leave no stone unturned to raise issues relating to the backward classes, scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and the poor in the House.
The role of the ruling party and the Opposition was complementary in a democracy and by highlighting the drawbacks in the functioning of the government he would try to inspire it to work for the people, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje