Ajay Singh slams MP govt`s repressive tactics
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh today charged the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government in the state of using "politics of repression" against its political rivals.
"The manner in which a case has been filed against the Deputy Leader of Congress in the State Assembly Choudhary Rakesh Singh indicates that the government wanted to use the administration against its political rivals," the Leader of the Opposition said in a statement.
Ajay said that the state government did not like the manner in which the Congress had taken to the streets to protest against corruption and its anti-people policies.
He said a protest like this was organised in Bhind in which Choudhary Rakesh Singh took part and subsequently a false case was filed against him.
Ajay said that the Congress would intensify its agitation against the "repressive policies" of the state government and asked it to confront directly instead of using the administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre