Ajay wants cases against two saffron leaders
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Sunday demanded registration of cases against an RSS and a BJP leader for allegedly trying to encroach upon land belonging to tribals in Satna district and the murder of a tribal.
Cases should be registered against the RSS leader and the BJP MLA, Ajay demanded in a statement here.
While alleging that BJP and RSS leaders had become "mafia" and "killers" for power, he said it was unfortunate that those ruling the state had donned this mantle at the cost of SC/ST and other deprived sections of the society.
Ajay alleged that on Friday, saffron party leaders set ablaze 25 hutments of tribals to encroach upon government land during which a tribal identified as Jaganpal died.
He demanded the registration of a case of murder and conspiracy against the two leaders and the son of one of them.
He also demanded compensation of Rs five lakh and a government job for a kin of Jaganpal.
However, BJP MLA Shankarlal Tiwari, one of the leaders against whom Singh has levelled the allegations, accused the Congress of trying to mislead the people ahead of elections.
He demanded a high-level probe into the incident and claimed that he and his son had nothing to do with this matter.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion