Ajay wants cases against two saffron leaders
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Sunday demanded registration of cases against an RSS and a BJP leader for allegedly trying to encroach upon land belonging to tribals in Satna district and the murder of a tribal.
Cases should be registered against the RSS leader and the BJP MLA, Ajay demanded in a statement here.
While alleging that BJP and RSS leaders had become "mafia" and "killers" for power, he said it was unfortunate that those ruling the state had donned this mantle at the cost of SC/ST and other deprived sections of the society.
Ajay alleged that on Friday, saffron party leaders set ablaze 25 hutments of tribals to encroach upon government land during which a tribal identified as Jaganpal died.
He demanded the registration of a case of murder and conspiracy against the two leaders and the son of one of them.
He also demanded compensation of Rs five lakh and a government job for a kin of Jaganpal.
However, BJP MLA Shankarlal Tiwari, one of the leaders against whom Singh has levelled the allegations, accused the Congress of trying to mislead the people ahead of elections.
He demanded a high-level probe into the incident and claimed that he and his son had nothing to do with this matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India