Alert in MP districts after Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh police on Tuesday sounded an alert in Naxal-affected districts of Balaghat and Singrauli in the aftermath of a deadly Maoist attack in neighbouring Chhattisgarh.
The alert, issued by Director General of Police (DGP) Nandan Dube, directed police personnel in the two districts to increase vigil and foil any attempt by the extremists to disturb peace, police sources said.
Naxals today ambushed a security team, killing 16 people, 11 of them CRPF personnel, in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH