Alert in MP districts after Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh police on Tuesday sounded an alert in Naxal-affected districts of Balaghat and Singrauli in the aftermath of a deadly Maoist attack in neighbouring Chhattisgarh.
The alert, issued by Director General of Police (DGP) Nandan Dube, directed police personnel in the two districts to increase vigil and foil any attempt by the extremists to disturb peace, police sources said.
Naxals today ambushed a security team, killing 16 people, 11 of them CRPF personnel, in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees