Alert in MP districts after Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh police on Tuesday sounded an alert in Naxal-affected districts of Balaghat and Singrauli in the aftermath of a deadly Maoist attack in neighbouring Chhattisgarh.
The alert, issued by Director General of Police (DGP) Nandan Dube, directed police personnel in the two districts to increase vigil and foil any attempt by the extremists to disturb peace, police sources said.
Naxals today ambushed a security team, killing 16 people, 11 of them CRPF personnel, in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video