Alert in MP districts after Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh police on Tuesday sounded an alert in Naxal-affected districts of Balaghat and Singrauli in the aftermath of a deadly Maoist attack in neighbouring Chhattisgarh.
The alert, issued by Director General of Police (DGP) Nandan Dube, directed police personnel in the two districts to increase vigil and foil any attempt by the extremists to disturb peace, police sources said.
Naxals today ambushed a security team, killing 16 people, 11 of them CRPF personnel, in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking! Four out of five women are harassed in public places in India, finds survey
- Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to get intimate in ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ – Here’s how
- Oomph factor! Priyanka Chopra looks smoking hot in THESE magazine covers
- Missing Batla House encounter suspects Sajid, Rashid appear in ISIS video on Indian 'Jihadists'
- 'BJP will get clear majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections; SP, BSP will give fight in some seats'