Alert people, officials before releasing dam waters: MP govt
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Government has asked authorities to provide prior information to officials concerned and people before releasing excess water from dams.
The direction was given in regard to two dams on river Narmada - Indirasagar and Omkareshwar - in Khandwa district under Nimar region by Indore Divisional Commissioner Sanjay Dubey, an official release said here on Wednesday.
Dubey was speaking at a meeting on disaster management which was attended by officials manning these dams and also from other departments under the Indore Division.
District Collectors and SPs besides people to be directly affected by release of dam waters should be alerted well in advance so as to avoid any mishap or damage to property, he said.
Release of water from the dams in the event of excessive rainfall often leads to flood-like situation in districts under the Indore Division, he said.
In such a scenario, the District Collectors should be ready with disaster management plans, Dubey added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?