Alert people, officials before releasing dam waters: MP govt
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Government has asked authorities to provide prior information to officials concerned and people before releasing excess water from dams.
The direction was given in regard to two dams on river Narmada - Indirasagar and Omkareshwar - in Khandwa district under Nimar region by Indore Divisional Commissioner Sanjay Dubey, an official release said here on Wednesday.
Dubey was speaking at a meeting on disaster management which was attended by officials manning these dams and also from other departments under the Indore Division.
District Collectors and SPs besides people to be directly affected by release of dam waters should be alerted well in advance so as to avoid any mishap or damage to property, he said.
Release of water from the dams in the event of excessive rainfall often leads to flood-like situation in districts under the Indore Division, he said.
In such a scenario, the District Collectors should be ready with disaster management plans, Dubey added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog