All eyes on Sushma Swaraj as 10 LS seats go to polls in MP tomorrow
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh will hold the third and final phase of Lok Sabha polls on Thursday. In fray will be the remaining 10 out of the total 29 Parliamentary seats.
The polling will be held tomorrow in Vidisha, Dewas, Ujjain, Mandsaur, Ratlam, Dhar, Indore, Khargone, Khandwa and Betul.
As per election officials, over 1.6 crore people are eligible to vote tomorrow. A majority of them are expected to seal the fate of 118 candidates Thursday.
Prominent candidates whose fate will be sealed in EVMs tomorrow include BJP leaders Sushma Swaraj (Vidisha) and Sumitra Mahajan (Indore).
Other leading candidates contesting are Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh`s younger brother Laxman Singh (Vidisha), state Congress president Arun Yadav from Khandwa, former union minister Kantilal Bhuria (Congress) from Ratlam, as well as Congress national secretary Sajjan Singh Verma from Dewas.
Senior BJP leader Sumitra Mahajan (BJP) from Indore, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s close aide Meenakshi Natarajan from Mandsaur and Ajay Shah (Congress) from Betul are also in the fray.
Polling for the first phase in Madhya Pradesh was held on April 10 for nine seats, while under the second phase, polling was held on April 17 for 10 seats.
Of tomorrow`s 10 seats, the one that will grab the maximum attention will be Vidisha where Sushma Swaraj is pitted against Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh`s younger brother Laxman Singh.
Vidisha has been BJP`s stronghold for the last 25 years.
Sushma had won the Lok Sabha polls from Vidisha in 2009 with a huge margin of 3,89,844 votes, defeating Samajwadi Party`s Choudhary Munnawar Salim in the absence of any challenge from Congress.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day