Anna supporter threatening self-immolation held
Sehore: A Congress worker, who had threatened to immolate himself in support of Anna Hazare`s campaign against corruption, was arrested on Wednesday by the police at Icchawar town here.
Saeed Bhat had written a letter to the local Tehsildar (revenue officer) stating that, if the demands of Hazare, fasting since, the last nine days on Lokpal issue, are not met, he will immolate himself in the Tehsil Office, Icchawar Sub- Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Dhiraj Shrivastava told reporters.
The SDM directed the police to arrest him before he takes the extreme step. Bhat was later produced in a court, which sent him to jail.
Meanwhile, Hazare supporters staged a sit-in at the Krishi Upaj Mandi here in, which nearly 50 traders participated.
Protests, street plays, candle-light marches and torch rallies were taken out in different parts of Madhya Pradesh in support of the 73-year-old Gandhian, who is demanding a strong Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you