`Anti-graft agencies in MP given free hand`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Secretary R Parshuram on Sunday said state agencies fighting corruption have been given a free hand to deal with the menace and action is being taken against many corrupt officers.
The anti-graft agencies are not only active but also have been given a free hand to deal with the corrupt, Parshuram said.
Special courts had been set up to take action against the corrupt and recently the government has given permission to take action in five graft cases, he said.
To a query, he said corruption could be effectively dealt by bringing transparency and people have to be united against it.
About the upcoming investors` meet in the state, the Chief Secretary said though the primary focus would remain on industry, other key issues like power, IT, health, education, tourism and skill development would also be discussed.
If the IT companies come to the state, it would generate jobs in a big way, he said.
He said it was wrong to say that no industries were set up in the state after agreements in the last year`s investor meet, as positive results will soon show up.
To a poser, he said funds received from the Centre were invested only in the projects for which they were meant and not anywhere else.
He alleged that the Centre was biased against the state when it comes to funding for Indira Awaas Yojana.
Regarding law and order situation in the state, Parshuram said the state government has increased the number of Superintendents of Police and assigned the command of coordination to a Deputy Inspector General.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing