`Anti-graft agencies in MP given free hand`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Secretary R Parshuram on Sunday said state agencies fighting corruption have been given a free hand to deal with the menace and action is being taken against many corrupt officers.
The anti-graft agencies are not only active but also have been given a free hand to deal with the corrupt, Parshuram said.
Special courts had been set up to take action against the corrupt and recently the government has given permission to take action in five graft cases, he said.
To a query, he said corruption could be effectively dealt by bringing transparency and people have to be united against it.
About the upcoming investors` meet in the state, the Chief Secretary said though the primary focus would remain on industry, other key issues like power, IT, health, education, tourism and skill development would also be discussed.
If the IT companies come to the state, it would generate jobs in a big way, he said.
He said it was wrong to say that no industries were set up in the state after agreements in the last year`s investor meet, as positive results will soon show up.
To a poser, he said funds received from the Centre were invested only in the projects for which they were meant and not anywhere else.
He alleged that the Centre was biased against the state when it comes to funding for Indira Awaas Yojana.
Regarding law and order situation in the state, Parshuram said the state government has increased the number of Superintendents of Police and assigned the command of coordination to a Deputy Inspector General.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India