Aradhana, one of the separated twins, dies
Betul: Aradhana, who was separated from her conjoined sister Stuti, died Thursday night after struggling for life for over two weeks.
According to doctors, Aradhana suffered cardiac arrest twice today and died at 9.20 PM. All attempts to revive her proved futile, a release by Padhar Mission Hospital, where the complicated surgery was performed, said.
Aradhana developed seticemia (infection in her blood) after the surgery was performed to separate her from Stuti with whom she was joined at liver and heart.
The conjoined twins were operated on June 20 by a team of experts including 23 doctors from India and abroad.
On July 2, both the sisters turned one following which their birthday was celebrated in the hospital with much fanfare.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had gone to Betul to bless them.
The conjoined twins were born to Maya and Hariram Yadav on July 2, 2011.
Since they were unable to take care of the twins due to financial problems, they decided to put them in the care of Padhar Mission Hospital where they were born.
The hospital authorities decided to go for a surgery to separate them last month.
The entire hospital staff, which took care of both the girls, were in a state of shock following the death of Aradhana.
Meanwhile, her sister, Stuti is doing well, post-surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr