Aradhana, one of the separated twins, dies
Betul: Aradhana, who was separated from her conjoined sister Stuti, died Thursday night after struggling for life for over two weeks.
According to doctors, Aradhana suffered cardiac arrest twice today and died at 9.20 PM. All attempts to revive her proved futile, a release by Padhar Mission Hospital, where the complicated surgery was performed, said.
Aradhana developed seticemia (infection in her blood) after the surgery was performed to separate her from Stuti with whom she was joined at liver and heart.
The conjoined twins were operated on June 20 by a team of experts including 23 doctors from India and abroad.
On July 2, both the sisters turned one following which their birthday was celebrated in the hospital with much fanfare.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had gone to Betul to bless them.
The conjoined twins were born to Maya and Hariram Yadav on July 2, 2011.
Since they were unable to take care of the twins due to financial problems, they decided to put them in the care of Padhar Mission Hospital where they were born.
The hospital authorities decided to go for a surgery to separate them last month.
The entire hospital staff, which took care of both the girls, were in a state of shock following the death of Aradhana.
Meanwhile, her sister, Stuti is doing well, post-surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm