Aradhana, one of the separated twins, dies
Betul: Aradhana, who was separated from her conjoined sister Stuti, died Thursday night after struggling for life for over two weeks.
According to doctors, Aradhana suffered cardiac arrest twice today and died at 9.20 PM. All attempts to revive her proved futile, a release by Padhar Mission Hospital, where the complicated surgery was performed, said.
Aradhana developed seticemia (infection in her blood) after the surgery was performed to separate her from Stuti with whom she was joined at liver and heart.
The conjoined twins were operated on June 20 by a team of experts including 23 doctors from India and abroad.
On July 2, both the sisters turned one following which their birthday was celebrated in the hospital with much fanfare.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had gone to Betul to bless them.
The conjoined twins were born to Maya and Hariram Yadav on July 2, 2011.
Since they were unable to take care of the twins due to financial problems, they decided to put them in the care of Padhar Mission Hospital where they were born.
The hospital authorities decided to go for a surgery to separate them last month.
The entire hospital staff, which took care of both the girls, were in a state of shock following the death of Aradhana.
Meanwhile, her sister, Stuti is doing well, post-surgery.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know