Around 100 arrested in Indore clash; curfew still on
Indore: Nearly 100 people have been arrested in connection with the violent clash between two groups in the city, police said Wednesday.
The clash occurred yesterday in Chandan Nagar area of the city after the recovery of a cow carcass and till now, police have arrested around 100 people in this connection, Superintendent of Police (West) Anil Singh Khushwaha told a news agency.
Following the violence yesterday, in which 50 people including 20 policemen were injured after two groups indulged in stone-throwing, curfew was clamped in the area, which was still on as a precautionary measure, he said.
No untoward incident was reported from Chandan Nagar after curfew was imposed, Khushwaha said, adding that heavy police force has been deployed in the area.
- China stripped America, made money and rebuilt itself: Donald Trump
- Google acquires start-up founded by Indian-origin entrepreneur Varun Malhotra
- Capitation fee is illegal; profiteering, commercialisation of education sector unacceptable: Supreme Court
- English Premier League: Euphoria on streets of Leicester as outsiders seal historic maiden title
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared shortly