Around 100 arrested in Indore clash; curfew still on
Indore: Nearly 100 people have been arrested in connection with the violent clash between two groups in the city, police said Wednesday.
The clash occurred yesterday in Chandan Nagar area of the city after the recovery of a cow carcass and till now, police have arrested around 100 people in this connection, Superintendent of Police (West) Anil Singh Khushwaha told a news agency.
Following the violence yesterday, in which 50 people including 20 policemen were injured after two groups indulged in stone-throwing, curfew was clamped in the area, which was still on as a precautionary measure, he said.
No untoward incident was reported from Chandan Nagar after curfew was imposed, Khushwaha said, adding that heavy police force has been deployed in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read