Around 100 arrested in Indore clash; curfew still on
Indore: Nearly 100 people have been arrested in connection with the violent clash between two groups in the city, police said Wednesday.
The clash occurred yesterday in Chandan Nagar area of the city after the recovery of a cow carcass and till now, police have arrested around 100 people in this connection, Superintendent of Police (West) Anil Singh Khushwaha told a news agency.
Following the violence yesterday, in which 50 people including 20 policemen were injured after two groups indulged in stone-throwing, curfew was clamped in the area, which was still on as a precautionary measure, he said.
No untoward incident was reported from Chandan Nagar after curfew was imposed, Khushwaha said, adding that heavy police force has been deployed in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why