Around 100 arrested in Indore clash; curfew still on
Indore: Nearly 100 people have been arrested in connection with the violent clash between two groups in the city, police said Wednesday.
The clash occurred yesterday in Chandan Nagar area of the city after the recovery of a cow carcass and till now, police have arrested around 100 people in this connection, Superintendent of Police (West) Anil Singh Khushwaha told a news agency.
Following the violence yesterday, in which 50 people including 20 policemen were injured after two groups indulged in stone-throwing, curfew was clamped in the area, which was still on as a precautionary measure, he said.
No untoward incident was reported from Chandan Nagar after curfew was imposed, Khushwaha said, adding that heavy police force has been deployed in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble